You are here
What to do When you Receive Connection Has Been Lost QuickBooks Error
If you encounter the “ The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered” message, it means your QuickBooks is affected with ‘Connection has been lost QuickBooks Error’. Although QuickBooks allows users to experience a stress-free operation, sometimes problems like connectivity issues trigger, which restrict the users from accessing the application. If you are also incurring similar issues, we suggest you go through this blog till this end for a detailed understanding.
If your QuickBooks connection has been lost, we recommend you connect with our team of QuickBooks professionals through our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391
Why do you Get ‘Connection has been lost’ error in QuickBooks?
Check out the points below to know what causes the QB ‘Connection has been lost’ issue-
- For a standalone computer user: The QuickBooks files might have been damaged severely or corrupted.
- If the data file is stored on another computer system: the reason for encountering the issue might be that you have turned on the power-saving mode on your computer system.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 30159
Debugging Methods if the QuickBooks Desktop has Lost the Connection
SOLUTION 1: Go to the Server Computer to Turn Off Power Management Settings
Note: If your computer system is connected to a network and the data file is on another computer system, go through the following steps.
- On the Windows desktop, go to the folder where you saved your company file.
- Move to the ‘Start’ menu on the desktop, hit on the ‘Settings’ option.
- Go to the ‘System’ option and click ‘Power & Sleep’.
- Finally, you require to disable standby, sleep modes, and hibernation on the computer.
SOLUTION 2: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub to Use the Quick Fix my Program
Note: If you operate a standalone computer system, move forward with the solution mentioned below-
- You need to download the current version of QuickBooks Tool Hub. Once downloaded, save the file to an appropriate location.
- Start the installation procedure by running the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and proceed with the on-screen instructions.
- After installing the software, return to the Windows desktop and double-click on the Tool Hub icon.
- Now, run the application and go to the ‘Company File Issues’ tab.
- Hit ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ and then, from the drop-down arrow, choose your company file.
- Click on the ‘Check your File’ option.
- Tap ‘Continue’, provide your admin password, then hit ‘Next’.
- Wait till the tool identifies and resolves the issue; once done, access your QuickBooks Desktop.
We have tried our best to provide you with the most efficient solutions to debug the ‘QuickBooks Connection has been lost error’. One of these troubleshooting methods given above will surely help you resolve the issue. You can also try running QuickBooks File Doctor tool to resolve the error. In case you are unable to resolve the issue, feel free to connect with one of our experts at 1.800.579.0391.
You may read also : QuickBooks POS Error