What does QuickBooks error 6106 1069 mean and How to Fix it
QuickBooks community is flooded with company file errors having 6000 series error codes. Here, in this blog, we will discuss an infamous company file known as QuickBooks error 6106 1069. It arises when a user tries to open a company file in the QuickBooks Desktop application. The error usually occurs because of corrupted .nd and .tlg configuration files that QuickBooks requires while accessing the multi-user network. This blog is all about acquainting users with QuickBooks company file error 6106 1069, its causes, and fixation steps, so read carefully until the end.
If you are struggling with QuickBooks error 6106 1069, dial our helpline number +1 800-579-9430 and communicate with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Reasons that can cause error 6106 1069 in QuickBooks
Following is the list of factors that trigger the error:
- Corrupt installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Windows firewall blocking QuickBooks access to the network.
- Working on an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Minor damage or corruption to the company data file.
Given below is the troubleshooting process to fix the error.
Most Reliable Solutions to Fix QuickBooks error code 6106 1069
Solution 1. Get the latest QuickBooks Desktop update released by Intuit
- Close all the open company files and then the QuickBooks Desktop window.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and choose Run as administrator.
- On the No Company Open screen, go to the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Options tab, click Mark All, and then Save.
- Select the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- To download the update file, click Get Updates.
- Open QuickBooks and click Yes to the prompt message to start installing the update.
- Once done, restart your device.
If the company file error continues, try the next solution.
You may also Read : QuickBooks error 3140
Solution 2. From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, put File Doctor to use
- Close company files that are open and then quit QuickBooks.
- Get the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file and save it to your Windows desktop or Downloads folder so you can easily access it later.
- Locate and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, follow the prompt steps to install the tool hub.
- Also, mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- When the install finishes, go to your Windows desktop, then locate and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- When the tool hub opens, go to the Company File Issues menu.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Choose your company file from the drop-down menu.
- If you can’t find the file, click Browse and search to find it.
- Select the Choose your file and network option, then click Continue.
- Input the login credentials and click Next.
- Let the tool scan the company file. When it completes, start QuickBooks and open the company file.
Now, we are concluding our blog on QuickBooks error 6106 1069. We hope you find it resourceful in resolving the issue. If the error continues even after following the steps, feel free to contact certified QuickBooks professionals by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430.
Related Article : QuickBooks desktop update error