You are here
What is QuickBooks error 12007 and How can you fix it?
QuickBooks pro error 12007 usually occurs when the user tries to download payroll or QuickBooks desktop update. QuickBooks update error 12007 is the most common 12000 series error that appears when the software cannot connect to the internet while downloading the update. The ‘QuickBooks error code12007: unable to connect to the internet’ pops up displaying, “A network timeout is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.” This blog will brief you on QuickBooks update error 12007, so stay connected till the end.
If you are looking for an immediate solution to resolve QuickBooks error 12007, then contact the certified QuickBooks experts by dialing our toll-free number (800)-417–5147.
What leads to QuickBooks Pro Error 12007
Following are the causes behind QuickBooks error code 12007: unable to connect to internet-
1. Poor internet connection while updating payroll or QuickBooks.
2. Improper internet explorer settings.
3. The firewall application is preventing the download.
4. QuickBooks desktop version is outdated.
Let’s proceed to the troubleshooting procedure to resolve QuickBooks update error 12007.
You may also Read :- QuickBooks Error 9999
Quick Fixes for QuickBooks Update Error 12007
Check out the quick troubleshooting solutions to rectify QuickBooks error message 12007:
Solution 1. Verify and set Internet Explorer as the default browser
To use or update the QuickBooks payroll service, you need to set Internet Explorer as the default browser:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Gear icon in the upper right corner or click the Tools menu.
3. Next, select Internet Options.
4. Click the Programs tab.
5. Hover over Default Web Browser and click on the Make Default button.
6. At last, click OK.
If you still get QuickBooks error message 12007, then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2. Update QuickBooks
Follow the steps to get the latest version of QuickBooks desktop:
1. Close QuickBooks desktop.
2. Open the Windows Start menu.
3. Find QuickBooks Desktop.
4. Right-click the icon and choose Run as administrator.
5. On the No Company Open screen, move to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
6. Click on the Options tab and select Mark All.
7. After that, click Save.
8. Select Update Now tab and then mark the Reset Update checkbox.
9. At last, click on Get Updates.
Hopefully, the solutions mentioned above help you fix QuickBooks error 12007. If the problem persists, get in touch with the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our customer service number (800)-417–5147.