What is QuickBooks Error 3371 and How to Rectify it?
Being used by thousands of enterprises across the globe, QuickBooks stands as one of the best accounting software intend to take care of accounting and bookkeeping activities. With the help of QuickBooks, businesses can easily invoice customers, pay bills, prepare taxes, and generate reports. Even though using QuickBooks is pretty advanced, it’s not entirely free from errors or bugs. Among the common errors, QuickBooks error 3371 is the one that many users often face while activating or opening QuickBooks Desktop on their systems. In this post, we are going to explain to you why such an activation error gets triggered in the first place and how you can get rid of it as quickly as possible.
A user might see the following error message with the error prompt:
“Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.”
Are you looking for immediate troubleshooting assistance fixing QuickBooks error 3371? If yes, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.
What can be the reasons triggering QuickBooks error code 3371?
Generally, QuickBooks error code 3371 arises when there some damage done to the installation or program files of QuickBooks Desktop.
What should you do to get rid of QuickBooks error 3371?
Solution 1) Use the 3371 Error Fix tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub application
- From Intuit’s website, get the QuickBooks Tool Hub application of the most recent release (22.214.171.124).
- Click on the installation file you have downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- To complete the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing, accept the terms and conditions.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub application by double-clicking its icon.
- Select the Installation Issues tab from the left panel.
- Click on the 3371 Error Fix button and then hit the OK button to run the tool.
- Once the tool is done repairing the error, try to open or activate the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Solution 2) Get the QuickBooks Desktop application reinstalled on the system
Step 1) Remove the QuickBooks Desktop application from the system
- On the keyboard, press Windows + R keys to open the Run command window.
- In the Run dialog box, type “appwiz.cpl” and then click on the OK button.
- From the list of programs, select the QuickBooks Desktop version that you want to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button and then hit the Next button.
Step 2) Rename the folder that contains the QuickBooks company files
- On the keyboard, press Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the following path: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Look for the folder named Company Files and right-click it.
- Choose the Rename option.
- Add the text “old” at the end of the folder name.
Step 3) Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application
- From Intuit’s official website, download the installation file of the QuickBooks Desktop version you are using.
- Select the QuickBooks installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and register it using the product & license information.
If you’re unable to get rid of QuickBooks error 3371 even after implementing both the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the above post, then there are high chances that the Microsoft MSXML DLL files, which are essential for the QuickBooks activation, are unregistered. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to register the Microsoft MSXML DLL files on the computer and see whether this fixes the error or not. For furthermore troubleshooting assistance resolving the activation error, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.