What is QuickBooks Error 6190? Causes and How to Fix it
QuickBooks is productive accounting software that is easy to use. However, you may encounter errors sometimes while using the application. For example, QuickBooks Error 6190 is a multi-user error mostly triggered when you open your company file using the Database server manager. The error prevents the user from opening a file that is located on the server. Various causes can trigger the error. Finding the cause of the error will help resolve it quickly. The information provided below in this article explains the causes and the solutions to QuickBooks multi-user error 6190. Read the complete article to know more.
If you are stuck with QuickBooks Error 6190 and looking for help with the troubleshooting, dial (844)-932-1139 and get technical assistance from a QuickBooks Professional.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 6123
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Multi-user Error 6190?
The most basic reason for the error is the file is saved in a location outside your computer, and you are not permitted to access the file from that location. Usually, you are restricted from accessing a file from the server when the same file is open in another computer in single-user mode. More specific reasons for the cause of the error are listed below:
1. Damaged network data and transaction log files.
2. The company file is damaged.
3. Corruption in QuickBooks Program.
Different causes have different solutions. You can easily figure out the solution if you know the exact cause of the error.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 6190
Sometimes corruption in QuickBooks Program can cause the error. You can run Quick Fix my Program to repair the corrupted QuickBooks Program and resolve the error. if your QuickBooks Program is not the problem, then move on to the other solutions given below:
1. Run File Doctor
The errors that are triggered due to damaged company files can be fixed using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. The steps to run the file doctor tool are given below:
Note: Make sure you have installed or updated the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub to run the File Doctor tool.
1. Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to start the application.
2. Select the Company File Issues tab from the left side of the window.
3. Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
4. Select the Browse button, then choose the company file from the QuickBooks folder.
5. Click Check your file and then select Continue.
6. Type your company file admin password if given the option.
7. Then click Next and wait for the repair to complete.
8. Restart QuickBooks ad check if the error is resolved.
2. Recreate Network Data and Transaction Log files
Network Data and Transaction log files are the configuration log files that help access the company files when using the QuickBooks Database server. If the configuration files get damaged, multi-user errors will get triggered. Therefore, you need to recreate the configuration files in QuickBooks to fix the error. Follow the steps given below to recreate the files:
1. First, open your Windows File Manager.
2. Next, search the QuickBooks Installation Directory. The file is mostly stored in C:\User\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\.
3. Then search the configuration files in QuickBooks Directory. The files have the same name as the company file and .ND and .TLG extensions.
4. One by one, right-click the files and select the Rename option.
5. While renaming, add .OLDFILE after the .ND or .TLG extension.
6. After renaming, open QuickBooks again and access the file to check if the error is fixed.
This article describes the causes and the solutions to the QuickBooks Error 6190 in detail. The instructions of the most suitable solutions to error are provided above. The troubleshooting solutions mentioned above include running File Doctor and recreating the network data and transaction log file. If the error is still not resolved, you can copy the company file from the server to your computer using a USB device as a temporary solution. Moving the company file will not help if the error got caused due to a damaged company file. Dial (844)-932-1139 if you have any other doubts related to the error or the article.