You are here
What is QuickBooks Error QBWC 1039 and Here’s How to Resolve it?
QuickBooks online banking error qbwc1039 usually triggers when the user connects a third-party application to QuickBooks desktop with the help of Web Connector. The Qbwc 1039 QuickBooks error occurs when the company file is not open on the QuickBooks desktop. The QuickBooks error code qbwc 1039 pops up on the screen with the following error messages:
QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application.
Check QBWCLog.txt for details.
QBWC1039: If the QuickBooks company data file is not open.
QBWC1039: This application does not have permission to access the QuickBooks company data file and many others.
To get more information on QuickBooks error qbwc 1039, its causes, and troubleshooting methods. Continue reading the article till the end.
If you are getting QuickBooks error qbwc1039 and need technical assistance to overcome it, then talk to the certified QuickBooks professionals by dialing our helpline number (800)-579-9430
What are the factors leading to QuickBooks Online Banking Error QBWC 1039?
Following are the reasons behind the qbwc 1039 QuickBooks error:
- QuickBooks desktop application is out-of-date.
- QuickBooks has not given administrative access to the third-party application.
- The company file is moved to another location.
- The QuickBooks user has changed the file name.
- QuickBooks Web Connector is not set up to run when QuickBooks desktop is not open.
Let’s proceed to the solutions given below in order to fix the error.
Possible Quick Fixes for QuickBooks error qbwc1039
Following are the most effective troubleshooting solutions to get rid of QuickBooks error message code qbwc 1039:
Solution 1. Take a backup of your company file
Perform the following steps to back up the company file anytime:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Click on the File menu and choose Switch to Single-user Mode.
- Move to the File menu again and select Back up Company.
- Next, click Create Local Backup.
- Select Local Backup and then click Next.
- Move to the Local Backup Only section and click Browse.
- Choose the location where you want to save the backup company file.
- You can also set the number of backups you want to keep.
- Click OK and then Save it now.
- At last, select Next.
If you still get QuickBooks error code qbwc 1039, move on to the next solution:
Solution 2. Rename the company file
- Open QuickBooks.
- Tap the F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- Note down the location of the company file.
- Navigate to the company file location.
- Right-click on the file and choose Rename.
- Change the company file name and hit Enter.
If the QuickBooks error message code qbwc 1039 still appears, try the next solution.
You may also Read :- QuickBooks Error h202
Solution 3. Allow access to third-party applications
- Log in to QuickBooks as Administrator.
- If the QuickBooks desktop is in Multi-user mode, click on the File menu and select the Switch to Single-user Mode option.
- Move to the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
- Click Integrated Applications, and then move to the Company Preferences tab.
- Unmark the box of Don’t allow any applications to access this company file.
- Now, when the SDK App Authorization pop-up, click Yes.
- Check the third-party application to allow access.
- At last, click OK.
If you still get the qbwc1039 QuickBooks error, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4. Try to configure Web Connector to run when QuickBooks is closed
- Again, sign up to QuickBooks as the Admin user.
- Click on the File menu and select Switch to Single-user Mode if QuickBooks is on Multi-user mode.
- Select the Edit menu and then the Preferences option.
- Move to the Integrated Applications, and then choose the Company Preferences tab.
- Choose the third-party application.
- Select Properties.
- Mark the Allow this application to log in automatically option.
- When the Authorization window appears, select YES.
- Select User to log in, then click OK.
That’s all about QuickBooks error qbwc 1039. We hope the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above help you fix the issue. If the problem persists, feel free to contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our customer service number (800)-579-9430.